10 April 2008

Spring is in the air

Every year I dread the arrival of spring. The yard needs to be mowed. The flowers need to be planted. My allergies go crazy. It starts to get hot. There really is nothing about spring and summer that I find particularly appealing.

I love cold weather and snow and “dreary” looking days. I love Christmas and Halloween and New Year’s Eve and all the fun they have to offer. Spring and summer really have nothing to offer in comparison.

However, I have a son who loves spring and summer. He loves that it is still daylight when I am trying to get him to start thinking about going to bed (he sees it as an excuse not to abide). He loves warm weather and playing outside. He loves swimming and running in the grass. For these reasons, I try to love spring. I try but I’ve just not quite made it there yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.