07 December 2007

Food, Glorious Food

While writing my list of my favorite things, I realized I could not narrow down just one favorite food besides some yummy sweets like Krispy Kreme doughnuts which should be considered more than just a food. They are warm, pillowy bites of sugary goodness. Dark chocolate and ice cream were on my list, of course. However, I got to thinking it would be easier to narrow down my favorites by category. Even doing it this way, I still had more than one answer for some. This should make those who make fun of me for my food aversions realize there is still a lot that I do eat! So, here goes:

BBQ – beef brisket and muddy ribs

Breakfast – bacon and hashbrowns or Krispy Kreme doughnuts (though these could also go in the dessert category)

Cajun/New Orleans Style – red beans & rice and seafood gumbo

Carribean – jerk chicken and plantains

Chinese – egg rolls and Mongolian BBQ with beef, peppers, onions, and cabbage

Desserts – Now this is the hardest category of all for me to narrow down. Ice cream, dark chocolate, crème brulée, lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, cherry pie, dark chocolate truffles, Italian cream cake…….

Fast Food – Steak Escape French fries and Chick Fil A chicken minis

Fern bar – spicy chicken fingers and potato skins

French – croissants and crepes

German – goulash and sauerbraten with spätzle

Greek – mousaka

Hamburger – bacon, cheddar, and BBQ sauce

Hot Dog – Chicago Dog hold the onions

Ice Cream – Baskin Robbins Daiquiri Ice and Godiva Dark Chocolate

Indian – aloo gobhi and roti

Irish – shepherd’s pie

Italian – Pasta Fra Diavola, calzones, and stromboli

Japanese – edamame, fried rice, and steak kushiyaki

Korean – kimchi

Meat - steak

Mexican – cheese dip and cheese enchiladas

Moroccan – couscous

Pizza – green olives and green peppers

Seafood – stuffed shrimp

Soup – French onion

Southern – fried chicken, fried okra, fried green tomatoes, and fried dill pickles

Thai – spring rolls in rice paper

Vegetable - asparagus

Vietnamese – crispy noodles with stir-fried beef and veggies

I think that about covers it unless someone introduces me to another type of cuisine or I remember one I failed to mention. I’ve not met a type of food yet that I didn’t like something!

No comments: